Floodlist are Data Controller (we or us) in respect of the information that we process about you.
Information that we collect directly from you
We ask you for a range of personal information when you complete our online forms for specific purposes. We will collect information about you if you contact us via our contact form, leave a comment, register as a user on our site and submit a business directory listing.
We collect personal data in order to:
- Provide you with information you have requested
- To provide you with services, such as your business directory listing
- To manage our websites and troubleshoot any problems
- To track the effectiveness of our websites and monitor how users interact with them
Automatic data collection: Cookies, Log Files, Analytics Tools
You do not need to have cookies turned on to use or navigate through most parts of our website, although some functionality may be lost.
Like many other web sites, floodlist.com makes use of log files. These files merely log visitors to the site – usually a standard procedure for hosting companies and a part of hosting services analytics. The information inside the log files includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date/time stamp, referring/exit pages, and possibly the number of clicks. This information is used to analyze trends, administer the site, track user’s movement around the site, and gather demographic information. IP addresses, and other such information are not linked to any information that is personally identifiable.
These cookies do not store your personal data. However, Automattic offers its services in partnership with WordPress.com. It’s analytics tools therefore may track your WordPress.com user ID (if logged in), WordPress.com username (if logged in). This does not apply if you are not a WordPress.com user and / or are not logged in to your WordPress.com account.
Please refer to the following policies on Google and Automattic’s websites for detailed information:
- Cookies & Google Analytics on Websites
- Opt out of Google Analytics Cookies
DoubleClick DART cookie
- Google’s use of the DART cookie enables it to serve ads to users based on their visit to floodlist.com and other sites on the Internet
Legal basis for processing your personal information
Where you provide personal information in order for us to contact you or provide you with services, such as adding a business directory listing, leaving a comment or subscribing to a newsletter or joining a mailing list this will be with your consent.
Where we use your information to manage our websites and troubleshoot any problems, or to track the effectiveness of our websites and monitor how users interact with them this will be on the basis of our legitimate interests.
Who we may share your data with
We don’t share your personal information with anyone except to comply with the law, develop our products, or protect our rights.
Retention of your data
We don’t store personal information on our servers unless required for the on-going operation of one of our services. We will retain your data for as long as is necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting or reporting requirements. Once data is no longer needed, we will delete it.
Where you have requested to be added to any marketing or mailing lists your details will be retained until you choose to unsubscribe to those communications.
How we protect your data
Our website / data storage is done securely and professionally via premium business hosting services at Heart Internet in the United Kingdom.
Under data protection law you have the right to:
- Access your personal data that we process
- Rectify inaccuracies in personal data that we hold about you
- Be erased, that is your details to be removed from systems that we use to process your personal data
- Restrict the processing in certain ways
- Obtain a copy of your data in a commonly used electronic form; and
- Object to certain processing of your personal data by us